Usermind, Inc. ("Usermind", "we" or "us") has issued this Applicant Privacy Notice ("Notice") to describe how we handle personal information that we hold about individuals applying for employment and other contingent roles at Usermind ("you").
This Notice covers individuals applying for employment at Usermind, as well as all types of contingent and non-permanent positions, including agents, independent contractors, consultants, temporary contract workers, professional advisors and interns.
This Notice sets out the personal information that we collect and process about you during the application and recruitment process, the purposes of the processing and the rights that you have in connection with it.
If you are in any doubt regarding the applicable standards, or have any comments or questions about this Notice, please contact us at the contact details further below.
2. Types of personal information we collect
During the application and recruitment process at Usermind, we may process the following types of personal information about you (without limitation):
- Identification and contact details – such as your name, address, telephone/email address and other contact information.
- Educational and employment background – such as academic/professional qualifications, job qualifications, education, CV/résumé, transcripts and employment references.
- Job application information – such as the roles for which you are applying, your job application and related documentation/communications, cover letters, information from interviews and phone calls, compensation/benefits requests, and any other information you provide to us in support of and during the recruitment process.
- National identifiers – such as national ID/passport, immigration status, work authorizations, visas, social security numbers (US only).
- Previous applications/roles: information relating to previous applications you have made to Usermind and/or any previous employment history at Usermind.
- Information from third parties: Information received from background checks such as criminal record checks (where permissible and in accordance with applicable law).
As a general rule, we do not request any information that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, religious, political or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or information about your health/sex life ("Sensitive Personal Information") during the recruitment process, unless authorized by law or where necessary to comply with applicable laws.
However, in some circumstances, we may ask for information about your racial/ethnic origin and gender for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring or, if you choose to provide it, you can provide information about your disabilities so that we can arrange disability access. You may also choose to provide such information voluntarily during the recruitment process. In such cases, we will handle all such Sensitive Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws.
3. Purposes for processing personal information
We collect and use this personal information primarily for recruitment purposes — in particular, to determine your qualifications for employment and to reach a hiring decision. This includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications, background for a particular position,
- Communicating with you during the recruitment process,
- Verifying your information and carrying our reference checks or background checks (where applicable),
- Putting in place necessary arrangements for your future employment; and
- To generally manage and improve our recruitment and hiring processes.
We may also use your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or to protect the rights and interests of Usermind, our users, employees, applicants and others, as required and permitted by applicable law.
If you are accepted for a job at Usermind, the information collected during the recruitment process will form part of your ongoing employment record.
If you are not successful, you can choose for us to keep your information on file for any future job openings. In such cases, we will retain your application information for one year. You can opt out of this at any time.
If you are resident in or a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In most cases we use personal information where we have your consent to do so, where the processing is in our legitimate business interests or we have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you. In each case, it should be obvious to you.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
4. Who we share your personal information with
Usermind may share your personal information with the following third parties [ 2] as necessary in connection with the recruitment process, your future employment, and other lawful grounds:
- Third-party service providers, partners, and other affiliated businesses: In addition, we make certain personal information available to third parties who provide services to us. We do so on a "need to know basis" and in accordance with applicable data privacy law. Also, some personal information will be available to third party companies who provide us with recruitment software services, payroll support, benefits support and background checking services. These service providers may change over time, but we will always seek to ensure that any third parties who handle your personal information will do so in a manner consistent with this Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
- Other third parties: We may also disclose personal information to other third parties on other lawful grounds, including:
- To comply with our legal obligations, including where necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract, or to respond to a court order, administrative or judicial process, including, but not limited to, a subpoena or search warrant;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for national security or law enforcement purposes);
- As necessary to establish, exercise or defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation;
- Where necessary to protect the vital interests of another person;
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of our business; or
- With your consent
5. Does Usermind transfer personal information overseas?
Please be aware that your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located in the United States, and our third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it globally.
We have implemented appropriate safeguards with our third-party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
6. Data retention periods
Personal information will be stored only as long as is necessary to carry out the purposes described in this Notice or as otherwise required or permitted by law. If you ask us to keep your information on file for future openings, we will do so for one year. However, you can opt out of this at any time by contacting us at the details below. We may, however, retain information if required to by law.
7. Your data privacy rights
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you may have the right to request access to your personal information, or to request correction, amendment or deletion of your personal information where it is no longer accurate or processed in violation of data protection laws. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
To make such a request, please use the contact details at Section 9 below. We will consider and act upon any such requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
8. Updates to this Notice
This Notice may be updated periodically to reflect any necessary changes in our privacy practices. Where such changes materially affect your privacy rights, we will post a prominent notice at the top of the Notice and indicate when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back at this website periodically in order to be aware of the most recent version of this Notice.
9. Contact details
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Notice or wish to exercise your Privacy rights, please send us a detailed message via our contact page, and we will try to resolve your concerns.